Injured in an Auto Accident?
Our Alameda County Attorneys With Heinrich Law, PC Can Help
Injuries sustained in a collision with another vehicle can be life-changing. Spinal cord injuries, brain injuries (often referred to as TBIs), herniated discs, broken bones and other resulting medical conditions could leave you permanently disabled. If this happens, you may be unable to work, and your career could be in jeopardy. Heinrich Law, PC has three decades of experience handling these types of claims and is here when these critical issues arise.
Car accidents can leave survivors and their families with millions of dollars in medical bills and lost income, especially in cases that involve catastrophic injuries. Even minor car accident injuries can lead to major damages, depending on the victims’ personal circumstances. Heinrich Law, PC has handled thousands of these claims. Heinrich Law, PC can quickly determine if it is possible to file a claim with the adverse insurance company or lawsuit against the party responsible for the accident. By filing such claims or lawsuits, crash survivors or their family members can obtain just compensation that can help cover these damages.
Our Alameda County attorney is ready to fight for you. We can help investigate your traffic collision, identify the responsible parties, and pursue compensation for your damages. An auto accident claim may help you recover compensation for past, current, and future medical costs related to your injuries. You can also seek compensation for past and future lost wages, day-to-day living expenses, and pain and suffering.
Catastrophic Injuries from an Auto Accident
Auto accidents may lead to catastrophic injuries. These are life-altering injuries that often result in permanent disability as well as extraordinary pain and suffering. Common types of catastrophic auto accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries. Car accident survivors may suffer spinal cord injuries, which can result in varying levels of paralysis. For example, a 25-year-old with a C1 spinal cord injury, the lifetime medical and living costs can easily exceed over $4 million. This figure does not account for other damages the accident survivor can suffer, such as past and future lost income and other related lifetime costs.
- Traumatic brain injuries. TBIs, or traumatic brain injuries, are a common type of auto accident injury. Depending on the severity of the damage and the areas of the brain affected, survivors suffer varying levels of disability. TBI complications can include aphasia (language and speaking deficiencies), mobility issues and intellectual disability. Heinrich Law, PC is a leading Northern California law firm handling such injuries.
- Amputations. Damage to muscle, bone and tissue could require doctors to amputate the affected limbs. Crush injuries and infections can lead to amputations. While uncommon, this can particularly happen in motorcycle and bicycle collisions. Heinrich Law, PC has vast experience handling these types of cases.
- Fractures and disfigurement. Severe damage to facial bones can leave accident survivors permanently disfigured. This happens in dog bite and dog attack situations as well as serious car, motorcycle and bicycle accidents.
In addition to medical expenses, catastrophic injuries significantly reduce the quality of life and future potential for accident survivors. Loss of income, loss of future earnings and pain and suffering can inflict millions of dollars in damages on survivors and their families.
Liability for an Auto Accident
One or more parties may be liable for an auto accident. In addition to at-fault drivers, auto parts manufacturers, employers of at-fault drivers, transportation companies, trucking companies or public entities could be liable. Our California car accident attorneys can help you determine which parties are liable for your damages.
You should never wait to contact a car accident attorney. It is easy to make mistakes, such as talking to the other party’s insurance adjuster, without representation, after an accident. Talking to an adjuster could reduce the value of your claim or lead to the claim being denied. What you say may be used against you at a later date.
There is also a statute of limitations for filing a claim against the party liable for the accident. If you wait beyond the statute of limitations, you will be unable to seek compensation.
Cases Our Alameda Car Accident Lawyers Take
There are various types of auto accidents, including those that affect motorists, bicyclists or pedestrians. Heinrich Law, PC accepts clients for these types of cases. Our Oakland auto accident attorneys have vast experience representing clients who have been involved in:
- Bicycle Accidents;
- Car Accidents;
- Commercial Trucking Accidents;
- Motorcycle Accidents;
- Pedestrian Accidents; and
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists claims
Our Alameda car accident lawyers utilize cutting-edge technology to give claims the best chance of succeeding. One of our recent cases utilized computer graphics to demonstrate that our client was not at-fault for an accident. That case ended in a $3 million settlement for our client.